Lower right window sizing section RRS feed

• Question

• Notice in Internet Explorer 8 and other programs there is a section at the lower right of the window reserved for easy sizing the window by clicking on that section and dragging the window to the desired size. See Figure 1.

Figure 1.

Why doesn't windows exoporer also have this section? See Figure 2.

Figure 2.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:03 PM

Answers

• No, Horshack, I knew exactly what you meant, the little triangle with the dots, in Explorer and other windows.

I think I might have found your problem.  You don't have the status bar enabled in Explorer.

Press Alt+V to open the View menu, and select Status bar.
    • Marked as answer by ONE ZERO Friday, September 11, 2009 2:16 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:13 AM

All replies

• It's there for me on RC1.

I'd post an image but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you tell me please?
    The best I've been able to do is post a link to a PhotoBucket image but yours appear inline.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:55 PM
  • It's not there in explorer windows. Open the start menu and click on computer. You can adjust the windows size but the triangular dots you see in figure 1. are not there (figure 2.) like for example in IE8. This makes it more diffecult to size the window.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:02 PM
  • It's there for me, also.

I think it's just you, Horshack.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:32 PM
  • Both of you have misunderstood what I am trying to descibe. This a feature that many people are unaware of. Please take a closer look at the new images below.

Note Internet Explorer has the triangular dotes for an easy grab:  

Now for Windows Explorer no dots are present:

Friday, September 11, 2009 1:48 AM
  • No, Horshack, I knew exactly what you meant, the little triangle with the dots, in Explorer and other windows.

I think I might have found your problem.  You don't have the status bar enabled in Explorer.

Press Alt+V to open the View menu, and select Status bar.
    • Marked as answer by ONE ZERO Friday, September 11, 2009 2:16 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:13 AM
  • Thank's Brian. I missed that feature and am delighted to have it back.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:17 AM
  • No, I didn't misunderstand. The dots are there for me and I see they are there for you as well now.
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:20 PM
  • No, I didn't misunderstand. The dots are there for me and I see they are there for you as well now.

Ztrucker - Brian explained it and answerd my question, thank you for understanding.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:52 AM