none
Migrate exchange 2013 across existing and in-use forest.

Question

• Hi,

I have 2 forests : forestA and forestB.

Users login to windows using forestA accounts and login to their outlook profile/mailbox using forestB accounts.

Our mailboxes in the Exchange server (server) were created using forestB AD accounts.

I would like to setup a new Exchange server (server) in forestA, migrate the mailboxes from serverB to serverA, and allow the users to login to outlook using forestA. To perform the last step, my best approach is to link/un-link mailboxes ( but I am not sure this is the more accurate way to proceed )

Do you think it can be done ?

Thank you,

Monday, May 22, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi G.Adm,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Hi G. Adm,

To make the cross-forest migration easier, you can give CodeTwo Exchange Migration a try: http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-migration

The program is designed specifically for cross-forest moves and offers a number of useful features and benefits, e.g.:
    - no downtime during the migration
    - migration reports
    - item and time filters
    - automatic mailbox creation and matching
    - delta scans
    - and more

If you need any help with the tool, just let me know. We also offer free technical support.

All the best
    Adam.

CodeTwo: Software solutions for Exchange and Office 365

Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:20 AM