my display appear green when plays blu rays discs!!! RRS feed

• Question

• my display appear green when plays blu rays discs!!!....i have a sony vaio vgnar190g, i update my nvidia drivers, help me please!!!! ...(im working with powerdvd ultra from cyberlink)

Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Juliuss,

I would like to suggest you to check following:

1. Blu-ray Discs may be encoded with a region code, intended to restrict the area of the world in which they can be played, similar in principle to the DVD region codes, although the used geographical regions differ. Blu-ray Disc players sold in a certain region may only play discs encoded for that region. The purpose of this system is to allow motion picture studios to control the various aspects of a release (including content, date, and, in particular, price) according to the region. Discs may also be produced without region coding, so they can be played on all devices.

2. Check if the display drive support to play blu-ray disk. As I know, the video card need to support HDCP protocol.

3. Ensure CD-ROM is supported to play blu-ray.

Also, we recommend you to contact manufacuturer for more information. Generally, if the manufacturers of devices don’t provide drivers designed for Windows Vista, we can’t solve the problem just in Windows side. To solve the problem solidly, please contact the manufacturer and check if any update at their sides.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope the problem will be fixed soon!

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:21 AM