Granular permissions on Mailboxes from server side? RRS feed

• Question

• THrough the Exchange Management Console it is quite simple to grant a user Full Access and Send As access to another mailbox.

However, if I want to (as an administrator) only give a user rights to manage (for example) another users Calendar without giving full access to the user; I then have to either goto the users machine that I want to share and set the sharing through outlook OR grant myself full access to the mailbox that I want to share the Calendar and then add the mailbox to my outlook and then set sharing only for the calendar using permissions.

Is it possible to administratively set more granular permissions on mailboxes from the server side?  If I only want to give one user access to another users calendar without giving full access, can this be done from the server side without going through Outlook?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Answers

• Look at the PFDAVAdmin tool if you are on Exchange 2007 or 2003.  Not sure if it works with 2010.  It's "supposed" to be for Public Folder administration but you have the option to managing mailboxes as well.
    • Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Monday, April 22, 2013 2:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:22 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:25 PM