none
URGENT: A Cost Custom Field and DMDynamic Workflow error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have encountered the following error when creating(Initiating)a new project on project server 2010

Because the Sample Proposal Cost field was set to more than one million the proposal was automatically rejected. To successfully restart your project, you must first change the Sample Proposal Cost to something less than one million then have your project's workflow restarted

The field throwing this error is an enterprise custom field i created called "Estimated Cost" and i unchecked the behavior controlled by workflow checkbox. I have deployed the DMDynamic Workflow which is what is currently running on the server. This is the workflow that runs once a new project is initiated on the server. I would really appreciate a reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Bami131

It seems there are 2 parts to this error, one you are ahving trouble with sample proposal workflow, when you say "The field throwing this error is an enterprise custom field i created called "Estimated Cost"", not sure if i am able to connect / corelate the two as the error thrown refers to the field "Sample Proposal Cost" which comes OOB when PS2010 is deployed & you mention "Estimated Cost" as the field , i dont think they are related, also youa re mentioning you created a new workflow using solution starter DMDyanmic, is that like you are using sample proposal workflow then you are getting this error, or you are getting this error when using your DMDynamic Custom workflow?

can you please clarify, also have you deleted any of the OOB custom fields like Sample ones?

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by bami131 Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Bami131

It seems there are 2 parts to this error, one you are ahving trouble with sample proposal workflow, when you say "The field throwing this error is an enterprise custom field i created called "Estimated Cost"", not sure if i am able to connect / corelate the two as the error thrown refers to the field "Sample Proposal Cost" which comes OOB when PS2010 is deployed & you mention "Estimated Cost" as the field , i dont think they are related, also youa re mentioning you created a new workflow using solution starter DMDyanmic, is that like you are using sample proposal workflow then you are getting this error, or you are getting this error when using your DMDynamic Custom workflow?

can you please clarify, also have you deleted any of the OOB custom fields like Sample ones?

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by bami131 Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Hi Sunil

This error comes up when i am using the DMDynamic Workflow. Apparently the Sample Proposal Cost field was renamed as "Estimated Cost" and no there were no OOB custom fields deleted. Some were just renamed. So i figured i create another Cost Type custom field and then deploy the DMDynamic Workflow again.. Any Ideas please?

Another thing is when i try and Deploy the DMDynamic workflow i get an error message saying "can't locate DMDynamic.wsp". This file isnt present in the extracted folder. So how do i go about deploying it to my PWA? 
    • Edited by bami131 Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:20 AM
  • Hello,

This has also been figured out. apparently the use was still using a ETP attached to the Sample Proposal workflow that has the above restriction for the cost field. All i did was attach the ETP to the DMDynamic Workflow and it works fine.

Thanks for the comments.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:36 AM