none
Receive error code (0xC0AA0301) when trying to create a System Repair Disc

Question

• The error occurs during the initial phase of the "Creating Disc" process, which is right after the "Preparing Disc" phase. I have already checked other similar posts. They suggest the firmware software drivers. I went into System from the Control Panel. From there I went to Devise Manager, then to the DVD/CD-ROM Device and did a software update check. It comes back as okay...you have the most current software. I checked the latest version number for my device (Slimtype Combo LSC-24082k ATA) at several online download source sites and they verify that I, indeed, have the latest software. So...what's next...how can I fix this so I can create my System Repair Disc?

The following is some additional information that may be helpful in generating a useful response:

Computer: eMachines M6805

Device Type: SlimType Combo LSC-24082k ATA Device
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 6/21/2006
    Driver Version: 6.1.7601.17514
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Disk Medium Used: CD-R

Many responses to posts to similar inquiries suggest something similar to the following: "I suggest updating the DVD drive firmeware, drivers and BIOS to latest version first. You can find them on manufacturer's website."

When they refer to the manufacturer's website are they referring to the manufacturer of the actual DVD/CD-ROM device or the manufacturer of the computer that I have? eMachines laptops are no longer made...I think Gateway bought them out, who may also no longer exist, so I really need some help identifying a specific site that can check, confirm, and provide, if necessary, the latest DVD drive firmeware, drivers and BIOS version updates for my eMachines M6805. The results obtained when doing a simple search are to many and convoluted for a non-expert, such as I to identify a correct source if one exists at all. A link to what I need would really be helpful. However, all said, if I have been able to write / burn to CDs in the past, why shouldn't I be able to do so now, particularly for this very specific purpose. You think there would be a simple utility tool that could easily identify the specific cause and easily perform the correction.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 3:09 AM

All replies

• TechNet in the past was never to keen with system repair/system fix..The best bet,move/save user data/files to

other storage device.If system fails,a new/clean install is the way to go,& with user data on other storage,youre

reinstall is fairly quick.This theory was with "system repair" from xp,by the time you restore/fixed,you could have

reinstalled a clean OS.Also,99% of all cdrom/rw/DVDrw/etc have firmware updates,go to its mfg web for install.

If gateway is no-longer then hardware mfg web,plus windows drivers/software for that product are fine,try updating youre pc hardware,if intel,go to intel.com/support/drivers/software/browse option/chipset software...Youre pc probably has storage software/drivers available,matrix storage mgr would be with youre pc hardware chipset downloads,it also runs dvd/cdrom 

Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:16 AM