Where can I find the ms 2013 outlook autocorrect executable file? RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find the ms 2013 outlook autocorrect executable file?

I use auto correct as my short hand keyboard.  Instead of clicking on 5 different links to get to the auto correct pop-up, I would like to create a short-cut that goes directly to the autocorrect .exe file on my desktop.

Thanks for your help.  

Scott

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

According to my research, I'm afraid that we cannot open the AutoCorrect Options directly via a executable file. 

Based on my test, although we cannot add AutoCorrect Options button to Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook, this can be done in Word. We can first edit your content in Word and then paste it to Outlook message body.

To do this, please click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Select "All Commands" under "Choose commands from" and then click Add. 

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, January 11, 2019 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stepnharp Friday, January 11, 2019 5:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Stepnharp Friday, January 11, 2019 5:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stepnharp Friday, January 11, 2019 5:51 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Perry, 

Perfect solution, 1 minor change. 

Open a new email in outlook and then follow your text below.  It Works....  :)

To do this, please click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Select "All Commands" under "Choose commands from" and "AutoCorrect Options" then click Add. 

Thank you for your time and effort. 

Scott

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

Do you mean AutoCorrect setting in Outlook? This is controlled by AutoCorrect options in File > Options > Mail > Spelling and AutoCorrect… > Proofing. According to my research, I haven’t found related executable file.

If I've misunderstood anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Perry, 

You are exactly where I am going.  I am hoping to find out how to open the AutoCorrect Options... directly instead of File > Options > Mail > Spelling and AutoCorrect… > AutoCorrect Options... > 

Thanks for your input.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Hi Scott,

According to my research, I'm afraid that we cannot open the AutoCorrect Options directly via a executable file. 

Based on my test, although we cannot add AutoCorrect Options button to Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook, this can be done in Word. We can first edit your content in Word and then paste it to Outlook message body.

To do this, please click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Select "All Commands" under "Choose commands from" and then click Add. 

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, January 11, 2019 7:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Stepnharp Friday, January 11, 2019 5:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stepnharp Friday, January 11, 2019 5:51 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Perry, 

Perfect solution, 1 minor change. 

Open a new email in outlook and then follow your text below.  It Works....  :)

To do this, please click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Select "All Commands" under "Choose commands from" and "AutoCorrect Options" then click Add. 

Thank you for your time and effort. 

Scott

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:36 PM