Can't insert pic or table into CEWP on site page. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a wiki where I have no problem inserting tables, pics, hyperlinks, and even editing the HTML to do all kinds of fun stuff.

Today I try to insert an image into a CEWP on a site page and every time I paste in the URL and click OK nothing shows up.  Same thing happens with table.

The best I have been able to with the CEWP on a regular site page is with HTML...I get a little black box with white x where the pic should be, but I do get the mouse over and I can get it to hyperlink when I click on it.

What is going on here?  I can insert pics and tables into a list or announcements section if the column is using a rich text editor, but not on a regular site page.  I can only use the image web part which sucks because I cant make it hyperlink.

Is it my version of Internet Explorer?  Did I make some change that broke SharePoint 2007?  Did someone else make a change to the site that screwed this up?  WAS I NEVER ABLE to do this and am just now realizing that CEWP have this limitation?

-Bill

Friday, January 23, 2015 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Bill,

I believe for your case, creating picture library will solve your issue. Please refer the below reference URL which explains about recommended practice to use CEWP.

http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2009/10/30/adding-pictures-with-hyperlinks-in-sharepoint-aspx/

if you need more information please let us know

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others in their growth Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click Alternate TextVote As Helpful And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Edited by SekThang Friday, January 23, 2015 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Jones Friday, January 23, 2015 9:32 PM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:41 AM

All replies

• By the way, I have tried creating a new site and still same problem.  Can't put a pic into a CEWP.  I have tried looking into the site features that have been activated, and the correct site features are active.

It's driving me nuts because I have sections with images that I created last week, that I cant add another image to...this seems to be happening everywhere on the team SP site. 

What the heck!

-Bill

Friday, January 23, 2015 1:35 AM
  • Hi Bill,

I believe for your case, creating picture library will solve your issue. Please refer the below reference URL which explains about recommended practice to use CEWP.

http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2009/10/30/adding-pictures-with-hyperlinks-in-sharepoint-aspx/

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others in their growth Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click Alternate TextVote As Helpful And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Edited by SekThang Friday, January 23, 2015 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Jones Friday, January 23, 2015 9:32 PM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:41 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Why put the insert table or insert image into the CEWP editor if they can't be used?  Why not at least do the courtesy of grey them out so I do not spend two days thinking I am crazy or need to rebuild my entire SP sites etc...?

Thank you for your response.

Bill

-Bill

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:00 PM
  • Looks like the only thing that I may have done wrong was use an image folder rather than a Picture Library. 

Thank you for this solution!  If I have an issue I will return, but for now let's assume that it works!

The HTML is exactly what I use for pictures (except I usually have everything in a table with merged cells so that I do not have to deal with alignment issues). 

Making a table with no visible border is the best way IMO to make a CEWP section have beautiful text and pictures wrapped just the way you like.

Thanks again!
    Bill

-Bill

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:31 PM
  • Thanks Buddy

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others in their growth Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click Alternate Text Vote As Helpful And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click Alternate Text Mark As Answer

Saturday, January 24, 2015 8:10 AM