Issue with publishing an application that has been updated (application with multiple versions) RRS feed

• Question

• We are using App-V 5.0 SP1.

I have a package that will need to get patched whenever new security updates are released.  The first version of the application always works fine, but when I update the application and re-publish it, a normal user is unable to pull down the new version.  When this occurs I am able to get everything going by logging into the server with an admin account and performing  a sync (Get-AppvPublishingServer | Sync-AppvPublishingServer; Get-AppvClientApplication").  What is it about applications that have been updated that would cause this behavior?

The issue is similar to what the hotfix below addresses, but since we are on 5.0 SP1 I am unsure if this applies still.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2799153?wa=wsignin1.0

• You publish a Version 1 package of an application on a server
    • You log on to the client by using a user account
    • You confirm that the Version 1 package of Application Virtualization 5.0 is synched, and then you log off the client.
    • You publish a Version 2 package of an application, and then you remove the Version 1 application
    • You log on to the client by using a user account.
    • The application is not published to the user
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:13 PM

Answers

• We haven't experienced this issue again since updating to SP2.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you verified the event-logs if the attempt to publish the package is visible there (successful or failed)?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:42 PM
  • We haven't experienced this issue again since updating to SP2.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:38 PM