Display Call Outs for Selected Series only in a chart component RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

Is it possible to display call outs in a chart for one series only and hide for all the other series? Basically, I am trying to plot Dollars against Accounts, the later being huge numbers do not need to be visible in the chart space, but need the Dollar Callouts.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:17 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, ProClarity chose to go with the all-or-nothing approach to callouts.  You cannot selectively pick a series for the callouts.  If you look in the Chart Properties dialog you will see that the Callouts property is a chart-level property and not a series property.  If Microsoft was actually planning on coming out with another version of ProClarity, I would suggest you submit that as a feature enhancement but sadly they have no plans for improving the product.

-Jason

BTG Services

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:05 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, ProClarity chose to go with the all-or-nothing approach to callouts.  You cannot selectively pick a series for the callouts.  If you look in the Chart Properties dialog you will see that the Callouts property is a chart-level property and not a series property.  If Microsoft was actually planning on coming out with another version of ProClarity, I would suggest you submit that as a feature enhancement but sadly they have no plans for improving the product.

-Jason

BTG Services

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:05 PM
  • Thank you Jason.

We are one of the top 3 users of Microsoft products and I am wondering what is the path we should take to implement a scalable BI solution that would work for us for the next 3-5 years.

We were using OWC in our custom made BI tool and unfortunately, Microsoft stopped upgrading it. Although, it had its own limitations, it worked well for our requirements for some time. Now that we moved to ProClarity recently, we already started hitting product limitations.

What do you think is the way to go / which product to choose so that we can get the ease of use as in OWC (Drag/Drop), the good look & feel of ProClarity and with all the abilities as in Excel charting engine?

Thanks and appreciate your response.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Unfortunately, I do not think there is a good answer to your question.  Microsoft would probably recommend using the Analytic Chart component in the PerformancePoint Dashboard.  However, you might get better control over the chart's look and feel in Reporting Services via the Dundas Chart.  However, neither of these options are geared towards end-users creating their own content, which is why I said there is not a good answer. 

-Jason

BTG Services

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:26 PM