none
DPM 2007 Free Tape Threshold Excessive Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Using DPM 2007, yesterday I received over 8500 email notifications within a couple hours regarding the free tape threshold.  This I am sure would have continued but I turned off the notifications.

Why did the notifications loop into an Active/Inactive Status and how can I prevent it from occuring again next week?

Tape Library : Dell (tm) PowerVault (tm) 124T Autoloader
    Description: Number of free tapes is less than or equals the threshold value.

Tape Library : Dell (tm) PowerVault (tm) 124T Autoloader
    Description: Number of free tapes is less than or equals the threshold value.

I have an Auto-Loader with 16 tapes...I understand why the there weren't any available tapes however, I can't understand why the notifications kept reporting active/inactive.
    • Edited by WSchneider Monday, October 1, 2012 3:12 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot explain the runaway notification, however DPM 2012 has drastic improvements in the alert infrastructure.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:42 AM