URGENT!!! Problems running both Outlook 2007 and Digital Image Suite; GDIPLUS.DLL or OGL.DLL? RRS feed

• Question

• URGENT!!!

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I try to view an HTML- or Rich Text-formatted message on Outlook 2007 and Outlook crashes. I try to open Digital Image Suite 2006 - I get error message "One or more components are missing. To reinstall the missing component, close all programs, restart your computer, and run Setup again." I try to open another program from a third party - Babelstone's BabelMap - and it too crashes. None of these programs crashed before on my computer, even after installing Service Pack 1.

I remember having a similar problem before on Windows XP Pro x64, affecting Outlook 2003 and Picture It 9.0 - it was gdiplus.dll missing; I fixed such problem by copying gdiplus.dll (don't remember if x86 or x64 version) to several locations - C:\; C:\Windows; C:\Windows\System32 (x64 version belongs here). I try this too on Vista, and it doesn't solve my problems! On Problem Reports and Solutions, I see that Outlook crashed due to OGL.DLL; however, such file is not missing, since it's still in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12. And I don't get a crash report for Digital Image Suite, so I can't find out what file I am missing that prevents Digital Image from starting. Any clues!?!?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• I repaired Office 2007 from Control Panel\Programs and Features, but still Outlook crashes whenever it tries to display HTML and RichText messages that contain online images. The new error reports say that it's not OGL.DLL but now wwlib.dll who's causing Outlook to crash! (And this wwlib.dll is not missing, it's in the main Office 2007 executables folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12. So, what's going on!?!?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:13 PM
  • I ran an SFC command on my command prompt and it did not report any integrity violation. And still, I can't read HTML or Rich Text mail on Outlook 2007 nor open Digital Image Suite. ONE MORE THING: now I discover that I can't sync my Windows Mobile Pocket PC either! (Neither via USB nor via Bluetooth.) I try to manually open Windows Mobile Device Center and it crashes too for no reason! Its error report has two things in common: mscorlib.dll and clr20r3
    Friday, May 2, 2008 2:31 AM
  • I have the same problem. Any help?
    Monday, February 18, 2013 3:57 PM