AD Client Perspective Discovery Rule RRS feed

• Question

• The AD Client Perspective Discovery Rule is really working as per the setting given in AD MP or somthing differant is present actully in production?becuse when i used option three local site its not worked propely.For exampel i have 400 ad site and each ad site have a domain controller.So i want to check client connectivity as per the per ad site.Means the client machine have to check the local domain of his own ad site.So for that i used option 3 that is local site.in my env all the agents are check domain controller which is in root domains so thats not good it have to check it own domain as per his ad site.
    Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:18 AM

Answers

• Hello all,

Mp having a bug due to which it is not able to understand the local domain controller in his site. So as per microsoft this bug will get fixed in next version of the MP.

still there is work around check below comment.

keep option 3 and provide manual entry of DOmain controller name in the override of Ad client update DC rule.Or provide the Ip address of the Domain controller.This is only option available for this MP.

Please update if somebody know any thing extra about this mp or any new mp is present in market which will fulfill the requirement of AD client monitoring MP.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT
    • Marked as answer by Onkar Umarani Monday, April 18, 2011 12:04 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 12:04 PM