Web Professional - Web Standard - Different Connections parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Goog morning, this is my question:

is it possible to define two connections for the same report, one connection for Web Standar to Server1 and another one for Web Professional to Server2.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:42 AM

Answers

•  

why do you need two connections? you can try to use server map. I guess that could be useful for you (see table ServerMaps)

best regards...

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:48 PM
  • As tfcarlos says, you can use "ServerMaps" table. "LocalServerName" field is used by ProClarity Standard (in case no info is founded in "BookElements" table) and "ServerName" field is used by ProClarity Professional.

Regards.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:01 PM

All replies

• For everyone's info, the information I sent to Andrés is that unfortunately you can only define one connection for a PAS view.  A view’s properties can be found in the PAS database, dbo.bookelements table.

EDIT:  tfcarlos and Daniel are spot on - servermaps can be used to specify an alternate connection for a view via the professional client.  A common implementation of this would be - standard client connects to SSAS by servername while the professional client is mapped to an http://msmdpump.dll connection for extranet connections to SSAS over HTTP. 

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:21 PM
  •  

why do you need two connections? you can try to use server map. I guess that could be useful for you (see table ServerMaps)

best regards...

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:48 PM
  • As tfcarlos says, you can use "ServerMaps" table. "LocalServerName" field is used by ProClarity Standard (in case no info is founded in "BookElements" table) and "ServerName" field is used by ProClarity Professional.

Regards.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:01 PM