Linux, Macs and mobile clients for NAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our Security team is dreaming about connecting iPhones, Androids, Linux and Mac clients to our NAP VPN solution. Is this possible? If so can someone guide me to some documentation, I've already seen the some documentation from Avenda and UnetSystems for the MAC and Linux clients, but I cant seem to find that they can be used with NAP VPN.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi meimnot,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my knowledge when NAP client connects to internal network and obtained valid internal address via VPN tunnel when it outside, the agent form our partner on client should initiate the evaluation to determine if client meets the conditions we defined in rules and policies, just like what it did at internal network. We should first install there plug-in program to extend our current NAP platform.

Please take look the demonstration video in the link below:

http://unetsystem.co.kr/nap/21download.html

We can also consult with our NAP partners to see if they have developed any product or solution that will help us to secure mobile devices on NAP platform .

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nap/archive/tags/linux/

Regards,

Tiger Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi meimnot,

Please feel free to let us know if the information was helpful to you.

Regards,

Tiger Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 2, 2012 1:06 AM
  • Hi Tiger,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately those links didn't really help me out...I had already looked at them prior to posting here. There's no mention of any mobile devices.

Please let me know if you have any more info.

Thanks,

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:33 PM