Win7 crashes on using Firefox and going to well known trusted websites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Have got a new HP laptop with Win7 Home Edition 64-bit, and find that Firefox and Win7 isn't a good combination, as when going to sites like Amazon, eBay and others, Firefox crashes several times a day, and also shows a plugin crash as well. I can't find which plugin causes this as I have checked them all. Why does this happen? I had no issues at all and rare crashes with Firefox running under WinXP, so what's changed? My user habits haven't changed although it took time to get used to Win7 ... any ideas?

Thanks, Ania

What will you do when your paper money is not worth anything any more? See [redacted] for the answer!
    • Edited by AniaS Monday, February 28, 2011 10:56 PM extra info
    • Edited by Carey FrischMVP Monday, February 28, 2011 11:31 PM Removed spam link
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, February 28, 2011 11:32 PM Moved to more appropriate forum (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:56 PM

Answers

• This kind of issues can be caused by software confliction. How does it work if you use IE instead? If it works properly with IE, I suggest you use it instead.

However if you still want to work with Firefox, try to reinstall it. If it does not help, please go to Firefox forums for more assistances.

If the issue occurs with bot IE and Firefox, I suggest you troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:26 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:50 AM

All replies