Calculate a Recurring event for a list item RRS feed

• Question

• We have a list to keep track of items. One of the fields tells us that an event needs to occur on the object on every 3rd Thursday for example. I need to come up with a way to have a field calculate the next date of that event and to change when the date is in the past to the next date of the occurrence.

Dislaimer 1:As usual I could be way off so no playing like I'm Frankenstein. Disclaimer 2: my Speeling and proofing skills are teh fail

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

You can use a powershell scheduled script which will fill that column

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Edited by romeo donca Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:33 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:33 AM
  • Hi Liam,

From your description, your requirement is that: an event will occur at specific time, then loop / repeat periodically, and a field will be calculated automatically.

Per my test, you can create 2 SharePoint Designer workflows to make a looping workflow that will repeat periodically.

There are 2 custom column in my list: occur time (Date and Time) and y/n (Yes/No, default value is No).

In workflow settings, set the 1<sup>st</sup> workflow start manually and when an item changed.

In the 2<sup>nd</sup> workflow, set it start when item changed.

Best regards,

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:05 AM