HP Managment Pack for Monitoring Gen8 Server DMS Service can be clustered or not. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ALL,

I am trying to configure HP Managment Pack for Monitoring Gen8 Server monitoring and i have encoutered very small problem but it is now a big problem for me. Currently we have deployed one server to monitoring the HP Gen8 Server Esx monitoring. But we want to create DR Site where we want to add same devices which will help us to failover when existing server will be down or HP DMC Service is down. Any one have tried this solution please let us know in DR or cluster way.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are looking for SCOM cluster way to monitor Gen8 Server, then we can build multi management servers within the management group, or create multi management groups to monitor Gen8 server.

More details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh298610.aspx

And if you are looking for ways to failover HP DMC serice, then I would like to suggest you post in the HP forum.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Hi, for HP DMS Service high availability http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03840497.pdf "Run the DMS instances in a Hyper- V cluster for high availability The DMS can be installed on a Hyper- V virtual machine. If this is part of a Hyper- V cluster , it provides failover service for the virtual machine. The DMS is not cluster aware, and HP does not recommend running it as a clustered service on its own."
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:56 AM
  • Thanks both of you we have already gone throw both solution. but both not useful and you are correct i should right on Hp forum not here. As they will support for service issue.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:06 PM
  • But what's the problem? "Run the DMS instances in a Hyper- V cluster for high availability"

HP forum won't help if HP says that DMS itself is not cluster aware.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:11 PM