Distribution Point Sharing question RRS feed

• Question

• When you enable Distribution Point sharing at a site does it enable it for all DPs if it qualifies? Or can you choose exactly which DPs you want to share as we are replacing some with new servers and migrating others.
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:46 PM

All replies

• This is a site wide deal. You enable DP sharing in the Source Hierarchy Properties. When the next data gather runs all the CM07 DPs become available in the CM12 console, where they can be upgraded (or not, CM will tell you if they are upgradeable). Remember, you don't actually have to upgrade them all.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:59 PM
  • I initially did not turn on sharing.  We have put in some new DPs and plan to upgrade others.

If I have a secondary site where I already have a new 2012 DP and I turn on DP sharing at the Primary will there now be 2 DPs that the 2012 clients will go to, the shared 2007 and the new 2012 DP?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:15 PM
  • Yes, both CM sites will be able to use the shared DP. If you don't need the CM07 DP you can remove it. 

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:30 PM