SharePoint Online Search - Result Query based on regex IP address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am building a technical documentation wiki using SharePoint Online. I am trying to create a result query that recognises the user has entered an IP address and promotes the 'server' pages as results but it doesn't seem to recognise regular expressions (regex). 

This first screenshot shows the query rule is set up so that if the user enters the word "server" or "svr" and something (eg IP address) it will promote the server pages - works great

This second screenshot shows me trying to use Regex for it so that it recongnises an IP address and doesn't need the key words "svr" or "server" but this doesn't work recognise an IP address and doesn't promote. 

Can anyone help? 

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris Taverner,

SharePoint Online does not support “Query matches this regular expression” feature.

For this feature, I suggest you submit a feedback to UserVoice: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/. It is a platform for getting feedback about Microsoft Office products.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, July 7, 2017 4:57 AM
    Friday, June 30, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Linda
    Friday, June 30, 2017 12:50 PM
  • Hi Chris Taverner,

If you think the reply is helpful, you can mark it as an answer. It would help others in this forum.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:25 AM