"Check Out And Edit" prompt not appearing when SP is in "Trusted Sites" RRS feed

• Question

• I am not receiving the "Check Out And Edit" prompt for documents in my SP2007 site after adding the host domain to my trusted sites:

It's just not there! The document opens "Read Only" by default and the user has to select "Check Out" on the toolbar prompt in MS office.

When I remove the host domain from trusted sites, the prompt works again.

I changed all the "Trusted Sites" zone security settings in IE to match those on the "Internet" zone but it made no difference. There is something about the membership in Trusted Sites that keeps this prompt from displaying.

This problem has existed since the implementation of SP 2007 and I am hoping that someone has an answer. Is there some other setting somewhere? OWSSUPP.DLL is installed and enabled (the SharePoint services add-on); even shows as having been accessed during my browsing sessions.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Shrout,

This behaviour is by design, when you put the site in the trusted sites, it will stop the javascript function DispEX which pops up this dialog window, you can check this similar post. T

f you want let this dialog pop up, you need to remove the site from trusted sites zone, or you can only open the document as Read Only by default, then Check Out it.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    • Proposed as answer by NikhilSD Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, November 25, 2011 11:04 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Shrout,

This behaviour is by design, when you put the site in the trusted sites, it will stop the javascript function DispEX which pops up this dialog window, you can check this similar post. T

f you want let this dialog pop up, you need to remove the site from trusted sites zone, or you can only open the document as Read Only by default, then Check Out it.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    • Proposed as answer by NikhilSD Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, November 25, 2011 11:04 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Hi Shrout,

Thanks

Regards, Daniel

So, theoretically the CORE.js file in the server's 12 hive could have the DispEX function modified and allow this prompt to occur even on trusted sites?

I have no server access, so this is more of an academic question.

Friday, November 18, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

We are having the same issue, we have added few SP sites to trusted sites and it stopped prompting for checkout. We have removed those SP sites from trusted sites and even then it is not prompting for checkout. Can you please help us out in this. We are using sharePoint 2013 and office 2010 professional and internet explorer 10 and 11.

With Regards,

Sanjivram

Sanjivram

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:48 PM