none
can I filter/hide processes procexp 16.30 RRS feed

• Question

• using process explorer 16.30 it possible to filter/hide processes? windows10 has so many svchost.exe it's hard to find things.
    Monday, April 6, 2020 11:25 PM

All replies

• No, you can group them..

by example if you press the - minus button near "services.exe" you will close down all the services together and the view will be more clean.

If you want, you can go back to the previous OS situation, but it is not advisable:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94628-change-split-threshold-svchost-exe-windows-10-a.html

Leaving each service isolated in its own host has the advantage that if the service fails for whatever reason only this service will go down and not the whole pack of services like in the previous OSes.. a Service, especially one built in in windows should never fails, but you never know.. :-)

HTH
    -mario

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:26 AM
  • I  implemented a process livesearch option earlier this year which looks like the following..

but this is currently only on an internal version as Mark didn't feel is was overly useful. In light of renewed interest I will attempt to revisit this with him. 

MarkC(MSFT)

Monday, April 27, 2020 3:10 PM