Cluster Disk Free Space Alert RRS feed

• Question

• I am not getting Cluster Disk Free Space Alert. In discovered inventory view Scope to CLuster disk. I see that drive. but I am not getting any alerts.

can some one guide me to configuration information or where to troubleshoot.

The Monitor is enabled also.

Thanks

ZakBhai

Saturday, March 12, 2016 9:22 PM

Answers

• Thanks Gautam and Elton.

I figured out later that the Monitor I was using was not working with the OS MP. last owner of SCOM implemented that. I have to disable that and enable the Default one with threshold 20% warning and 10% Critical with alert on Any state. out of the box is set for Both. its working now.

one question I see in discovery these cluster disk showing different server name for each drive. is it normal?

Thanks

Zak

ZakBhai

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

Sorry for the delay .

Please check the statement :

"
    The default health state thresholds for the Logical Disk Free Space monitor are different for system and nonsystem logical disk volumes. Error and Warning health states are based on both percentage of free space and on an absolute value, designated in megabytes (MB), of free space,
    "

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd262028.aspx

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:35 PM
  • Hi ZakBhai,

It seems that the monitor is configured in such a way that if the space in the cluster disk falls below 5 % then only the alert will be generated.

Look at the configuration: Critical when space below 5 %
                                            Warning if the space is below 10 % but above 5 %

But the Alert will generate if the monitor goes to critical state not warning state.

So was your disk space below 5 % or what was the free space at that time for which the alert did not appear ?

Also here is the discovery rule:

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:33 PM
  • Thanks Gautam and Elton.

I figured out later that the Monitor I was using was not working with the OS MP. last owner of SCOM implemented that. I have to disable that and enable the Default one with threshold 20% warning and 10% Critical with alert on Any state. out of the box is set for Both. its working now.

one question I see in discovery these cluster disk showing different server name for each drive. is it normal?

Thanks

Zak

ZakBhai

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Hi ZakBhai,

How many clusters are being monitored in your environment, I guess there must be multiple clusters and there cluster disks which you may be seeing.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:51 PM