none
Fast Search for sharepoint 2010 connecting to Sharepoint 2010 present on cloud RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to connect to  Fast search for sharepoint 2010 server present in some X domain and  Sharepoint 2010 present on cloud.

When i am trying to run securesearchconnector script i am facing the below issue. and moreover in MMC certificate is not installed.

"Connection to contentdistributor server.fqdn:13391 could not be validated. Check your certificates and ssa configuration and make sure that instance of FAST Search Server backend is running"

One thing i want to know here is ..Whether the domain of the two servers should be same?? If we want to make work the above scenario then how we can achieve.

Can anyone provide inputs to proceed further..

Regards,

Altaf.

• Edited by POCCoder Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:00 PM

All replies

• Could you please specify which cloud you are referring to?

SharePoint MVP, Microsoft VTSP, http://spforsquirrels.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Any cloud...For example Amazon cloud.

Regards,

Altaf.

ALtaf Ali

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

First of all the FS4SP box has to be in the same domain as your Central Admin box, or in a domain which you have trust relationship with the SP domain. Second point is to make sure firewalls are open between the servers. The certificate is for example copied over using SMB.

If you get the domain(s) setup correctly and follow the TechNet steps for installation it should in theory work. One thing to keep in mind is the latency you might get in a distributed setup like this, which may cause issues.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD - If you find an answer useful, please up-vote it.
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:24 PM