none
Indent Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Project 2003 and 2007, the options box gave the option to select "Indent Name" and "Show outline symbol".  By unticking these boxes, it was possible to have aview with all tasks and summaries all aligned to the left, and without showing the outline symbol.  This view is very good for management who generally are not interested in seeing that formating and layout.  However, having looked everywhere that I can think of, I canot find how to, not indent the name and not show the outline symbol in my schedule views when I need to.  The views developed in Project 2007 still work fine as designed, but I cannot replicate without from scratch.  Is this feature still available and if so where?

Regards

DavidC

Regards DavidC
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi David,

The Feature of Indent still exists in MS Project; please check in Tools -> Options -> View Tab -> In Outline Option for Project uncheck Indent Name.

Sapna S
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Oops sorry, didn't mention that I am now using Project 2010. I have looked at all the tabs under Options, but cannot see the options for Indent name and show outline symbol anywhere.
    Regards DavidC
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi David,

Indent Name Command still exists in 2010; it is just that it doesn't gets displayed on the Menu Bars by defualt; you need to add it ; follow the steps given here : http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=165

Sapna S
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Many thanks.  Why oh why does thnigs that are not broken get "fixed"?
    Regards DavidC
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:03 PM
  • They had limited space on the new Ribbon tabs and they did pretty extensive studies about which things were the most used and which were the least used. This option fell into the later category. :-)

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:19 PM
  • Understand that, but the feature was part of "Options" previously and could have remained in the options tab again, without affecting the ribbon. 
    Regards DavidC
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:28 AM