none
Patching Project Server 2007 with SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• I just updated my MOSS 2007 Environment from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3. Everything went fine except the fact that my project server is broken. I validated that the content db of Project Server "WSS_Content_Projects", in my case, was successfully upgraded to SP3 "12.0.0.6880". But still the projects site gives an error "An unexpected error has occurred."

I verified that the project server DBs "ProjectServer_Draft", "ProjectServer_Published" etc still are on SP2 (ver 12.0.6422.1000).

Can anyone please let me know how can I update these dbs too to SP3? Content DBs were updated by
    stsadm -o addcontentdb -url <<Web Application URL>> -databasename <<Content DB>>
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 6:05 AM

All replies

• You should run SharePoint Configuration wizard on all the servers in the farm (app and WFE) starting with the server hosting SharePoint Central Admin

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:39 AM
  • I did ran the config wizard on all WFEs and App servers. My SharePoint environment was successfully updated. All Content DBs show version as "12.0.0.6880" including Project Server content DBs. However, the Draft, Published etc DBs still show the older version.  My project server site colelction is broken. Any help? Thanks in advance.
    Monday, July 1, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Re-provisioning PWA might be your last option, which will be complicated  with relinking workspaces. Sometimes, by just performing "edit" option on existing provisioned PWA site may kick start provisioning  while doing so you don't have to re-linking workspaces manually. But if job does not kick start re-provisioning would be only option.

You could also try to install post SP3 CU and re- run SharePoint configuration wizard which might  fix all databases, make sure to verify pre-requisite's for CU which you select to install.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 1, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Thanks again for the reply. I could see that my Project Content DB is upgraded to latest SP3 but the Published and draft DBs are still at old SP3 ver. Is there a way to upgrade those DBs too and can that make a difference?

While checking the event logs, I came across an error specifying

SiteId <<GUID>> was not found in the ProjectSiteCollection for this SSP.

Can this error message lead us somewhere.

Monday, July 1, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Based on the error: SiteId <<GUID>> was not found in the ProjectSiteCollection for this SSP, it suggests there might be a orphan PWA site entry. Check also project event log for any PWA site not error.

Please check upgrade.log file and you should see more information if DB upgrade was skipped.

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I agree with Shazeb, most probably issue is due to orphan PWA site. Is that is case we don't have to think about re-provisioning PWA site. upgrade.log  would help us to plan next action.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:53 PM
  • @Shazeb, @Hrishi,

You are correct. Checking the Upgrade.log file tells me that it has skipped upgrading the Project Web Access site. However it does not provides any info as to why this was skipped. Any further help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 4:42 AM
  • The answer on why it failed will also be in upgrade.log. You may find its trying to upgrade an orphan database and not able to find or failing with login error. Let me know if this is the case.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:58 PM