none
No Connection between Softwarecenter and SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm having problems installing the client agent on the target clients and when done the software center cannot connect to the software deployment.

I set up a OU in AD for testing purposes. I shoved some clients as well as my own in it and startet the agent installation. It does install the agent with the help of an AD account I set up for this purpose and distributed it via group policy with admin rights to the clients. Windows File- and Printersharing and WMI Ports have been cleared in the firewall settings. Now it installs the agent successfully but it does not register back as active. And additionally the softwarecenter cannot connect to the software deployment I published for the testing group, it returns this error: "Loading Software Center returned error code 0x80080005(-2146959355)".

How do I proceed?

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked the CcmExec.log? Are there any clues?
    Has the client agent's service been up and running?
    The following post describes a similar issue, I hope this is helpful to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/b9224i/software_center_wont_loadinstall_on_1_pc/

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

I checked the SCClient log. After starting the software center I recieve several error:

Portal URL is null (is URL set in client agent settings?)      (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.UtilityClass at SetServicePortalLink)

Exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager at ExecuteQuery)

Exception Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.TabChildListControl at RetreiveAppModelApplications)

Exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager at ExecuteQuery)

Exception Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.TabChildListControl at RetreiveAppModelApplications)

Exception Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Common.ClientUXMain at RetreiveDataComplete)

Exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager at ExecuteMethod)

Error retrieving UI settings data from WMI.    bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       bei System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)
       bei Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters)      (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiDataConnector at GetUiSettingsData)

Failed to load branding data: GetBrandingInformationAsync      (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.DialogBase at LoadBrandingInformationFromCache)

It seems to be somthing wrong with WMI, if I recognize this correctly?

Are there any more log files I should consider?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Hi Larry,

it seems like this did not solve the problem. I deleted the agent completely from the system, then deleted the client from the SCCM and then re-entered it and reinstalled the agent.  Still it won't connect -.-

Regards,

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:53 AM