Sharepoint 2007 installation on 3 physical machine with 1 central location. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to make a sharepoint farm where my main application will deploy in central location(Headquarter)  and we will deploy sharepoint in other 2 location and these all connected with IPVPN line with 1 mbps.

Other location employee will upload document using intranet that can access by cental location people.

So can you assit me step by step so i can make farm and run.

Moderator Note: These are forums with people providing free support in their own time. NEVER ask for asap replies.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:55 AM Moderator Note added - NEVER ask for asap replies
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You will find detailed instructions here in technet.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262901(office.12).aspx

hope this helps.

-- techChirag
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 11:24 PM
  • thanks chirag.

I install complete sharepoint in 1 server and i made team site.

now i wanted to make one subsite which will be locate in some other location ...so for that i have to install sharepoint on physical machine there but how i will connect to them with this farm.

i hope you are trying to understand my question ?

please let me know

Bhakti C
    Monday, March 7, 2011 10:32 AM
  • Hi Bhakti,

Not clear of your question.

Want to create subsite in some location means?

If you could tell the excat topology you are using ,it will be useful to help you.

Regards, Pradeep
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Hi pradeep,

I have  share point server on my head office and people are using  document libary and other facility.

we also have 2 more office in diffrent location now they are using portal by internet line and uploading documents that is taking too much time.

so we want to deploy physical server on other 2 offices so they can use intranet and upload all the documents and that document can see and use by head office people so can you suggest me what i have to do. i have to install sharepoint in other office or connected or is there any other solution for that.

Thanks

Bhakti C
    Monday, March 7, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Hi Bhakti ,

Yes . U need to install sharepoint on other offices also.

While configuring the FARM,give the sharepoint config DB to your existing office location server.

Make sure that all the offices are in same domain.

so that users will directly hit the new servers and the data can flow from centralised location.

Regards, Pradeep
    Monday, March 7, 2011 1:37 PM
  • i have to add farm before creating first site or i can add later also ..

for other office i also have to create site there right?

but how the headoffice people can see the document of there site.

Bhakti C
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:04 PM
  • hi pradeep,

so when other office people will upload the documents this will replicate ??

Bhakti C
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Hi Bhakti,

Following the trail of responses this really sounds likes the IBM Lotus Domino environment setup/replication with many overheads!

Ideally you should only require one single farm with multiple sites and publishing features enabled for intranet use and team sites. It is that simple! unless I am missing a vital point.

thanks.

-- techChirag
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Hi chirag,

Thanks for your reply.

May be this installation is like IBM Lotus setup for me.

about my installation i installed share point but i got some problems on that at time of new ssp

"Provisioning failed: Windows NT user or group huwi.net\administrator not found. Check the name again."

i tried last full day to solve the problem with many blogs but not got the sucess.

then i left that problem as it is and i made web application and site collection.

i hope you will help me .

i am not any expert on share point.

thanks,

Bhakti C

Bhakti C
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:17 AM