Issue to access website (flash) for certain users on RDS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an RDS server where several users access same.

I have a local web site where users needs to access (like Intranet). The contents of the website consist of flash etc.

Flash installations on my RDS server:

- Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX

- Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin

Issue:

- Some users can access the Intranet website without any issue.

- But some users are getting the following error when they open the Intranet site:

"Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash"

- I thought there was some kind of GPO that was blocking the display of flash but it is not the case.

I have several users under one OU where some users can access the site and other users in same OU cannot access same.

Grateful to advise urgently as this is a PROD issue.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

On the problematic PC\user account, please open IE, click Tools\Manage add-ons, then make sure Shockwave Flash Object is enabled from the list.

Another option we need to check is "Disable ActiveX Filtering", click Tools\Safety\ActiveX Filtering, after confirming these options, close IE, then reopen to test the result.

Regarding to GPO, you can run rsop and see the policy applied to this pc\account, find if there're something related with IE settings, or activeX control, or brower extensions.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, August 1, 2014 9:48 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 2:02 AM