none
many resources don't have the same schedule, can they start at the same time? RRS feed

• Question

• How to make MS Project 2007 ensure many resources assigned to same task,and do not have the same schedule, begin the task at the same time?

I need resources that work concurrently on multiple tasks, it becomes very complex to do manually and I guess I could ask MS Project to do it automatically?

Thank you for answers :)

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:01 PM

Answers

• Are you saying that you have a set of resources whose calendars dictate that they start at different times of the day but there is a task in your project where they all need to start at the same time regardless of their own resource calendars? If that is the case then you can set a task calenar for the task in the Task INformation dialog and then check the box next to it for "Ignore Resource Calendars". This will force project to assign the resources according to the task calendar start time NOT the individual resource calendars.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:47 PM

All replies

• Mireille,

We need more definitive information about your resource calendars. I assume your resource calendars simply have different work days but if their work start times are also different then they obviously won't have the same start time when assigned to tasks simultaneously.

John

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Are you saying that you have a set of resources whose calendars dictate that they start at different times of the day but there is a task in your project where they all need to start at the same time regardless of their own resource calendars? If that is the case then you can set a task calenar for the task in the Task INformation dialog and then check the box next to it for "Ignore Resource Calendars". This will force project to assign the resources according to the task calendar start time NOT the individual resource calendars.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:47 PM