none
% Work Complete for Resource doesn't match % Work Complete for Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to understand why %Work Complete for Resource (material: pipe - meters) doesn't match with %Work Complete for Task. How could I solve this issue in order to correctly track project progress in %Work Complete based on completed amount of resources instead of standard %Complete?   

Thanks, 

Alexey 

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:14 AM

All replies

• Alexey,

The % Work Complete for a material resource only applies at the assignment level. If you have both a work type resource and a material type resource assigned to the same task, updating the % Work Complete field at task level will only apply to the work resource. The "completeness" of the material resource must be entered via the assignment % Work Complete field.

The following example shows a 5 day task with both a material and work resource assigned. The split view shows a 20% work complete for the task (i.e. Joe's effort) but a 50% work complete for the pipe resource on the assignment line of the Resource Usage view in the lower pane.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Thank 
    Friday, May 24, 2019 10:43 AM
  • Thank you John!

Could you please advice how can I track %Complete based on material installed, if %Work Complete incorrectly shows the progress for a Task (%Complete = %Work Complete). Should I create a special formula to track Task progress which should be equal to Material progress based on allocated material resource?

See attached screenshot

Friday, May 24, 2019 10:46 AM
  • Alexey Perry,

Sorry, but the screen shot you attached is way to small to read, much less analyze.

I guess I'm a little confused by your latest question. I thought I explained how to track material (i.e. at assignment level). As an alternative approach you can create a separate task for the material only. Then entering a value into the % Complete field will track material usage, assuming the material has prorated accrual.

Bear in mind that unlike work resources, there is no max limit on material. The user only sets the parameters for how much the material costs per unit. The user sets the assignment level for each task where that material is used, but that resource will never show as overallocated.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:51 PM