Trusting Domains for main and branch office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all technet moderators and members,

I would like to ask what are the steps for me to create trusting domains for main and branch offices.

What do i need to plan to? thanks so much in advance.

Danny

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Danny,

Thanks for the post.

In general, If all users and services can be managed in a single enterprise domain, there is no need for trust relationships. If the domains for main and branch office are parent and child domains, the domain trust are established automatically.

So I am wondering if the two offices belong to the different forests.

As for how to create a forest level trust relationship, you could refer to the following articles:

Preparing for a forest level trust in Windows Server 2003

Creating a forest level trust relationship in Windows Server 2003

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by danielkaren Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Danny,

Thanks for the post.

In general, If all users and services can be managed in a single enterprise domain, there is no need for trust relationships. If the domains for main and branch office are parent and child domains, the domain trust are established automatically.

So I am wondering if the two offices belong to the different forests.

As for how to create a forest level trust relationship, you could refer to the following articles:

Preparing for a forest level trust in Windows Server 2003

Creating a forest level trust relationship in Windows Server 2003

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by danielkaren Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Hi Miles,

Thanks for your reply. Yes two offices belong to different forests. Both are using Server 2003 R2. I wanted to have a trust 

relationship so that users can able to access resources whenever they login. Thanks for the links. I will go through it and

will try to understand to make it done.

Many Thanks,

Danny

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:38 AM