Trust between two ADs (2003 R2 and 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have two different DC, one is 2003 R2 and another is 2012 R2. Both have AD configured and both are in same subnets, actual users are same in both ADs, but the username is different. Now i want to see one AD user's configuration profile in another AD, how can i do that? Please guide me.

Akhil Patel

Friday, April 15, 2016 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Akhil,

Thanks for the post, may I know do you mean you want to create a trust between the 2003 domain and the 2012 domain, make the users from 2003 can log in to 2012 domain and access the related resource,and users from 2012 R2 domain can log in to 2003 domain?

If that's the case, you can refer to the below article for the detailed steps to create a 2 way trust between 2 domains:

https://araihan.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/how-to-create-an-external-trust-between-two-domains/

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Elaine Jing Monday, May 9, 2016 9:14 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you please elaborate more? What do you mean with " i want to see one AD user's configuration profile in another AD"?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Friday, April 15, 2016 1:04 PM
  • Hi Akhil,

Thanks for the post, may I know do you mean you want to create a trust between the 2003 domain and the 2012 domain, make the users from 2003 can log in to 2012 domain and access the related resource,and users from 2012 R2 domain can log in to 2003 domain?

If that's the case, you can refer to the below article for the detailed steps to create a 2 way trust between 2 domains:

https://araihan.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/how-to-create-an-external-trust-between-two-domains/

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Elaine Jing Monday, May 9, 2016 9:14 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 3:12 AM