migrate to SBS 2011 from Windows 2003 standard with Exchange 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• is this doable? if so, can everybody provide some info? I did not find anything useful by searching online.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think there are three ways to accomplish this, because going direcly from exchange 2000 won't go.

1. You can upgrade exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and then migrate to sbs 2011 this will work fine.

2. You can build a complete new SBS 2011 domain and use export import for exchange and copy all your data over.

3. Go to sbsmigration.com and order the migration kit for this project. In short terms you extract the AD information from your old domain and then migrate that information to a SBS 2011 server. Advantage from this method is that your SBS 2011 server can end up with the same servername and ip address as the original server.

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, April 1, 2011 3:09 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 7:51 AM

All replies

• Have you looked at SBSMigration.com for Jeff's Documentation?

Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public Forum - www.SBSRepair.com
    Friday, March 25, 2011 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I think there are three ways to accomplish this, because going direcly from exchange 2000 won't go.

1. You can upgrade exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and then migrate to sbs 2011 this will work fine.

2. You can build a complete new SBS 2011 domain and use export import for exchange and copy all your data over.

3. Go to sbsmigration.com and order the migration kit for this project. In short terms you extract the AD information from your old domain and then migrate that information to a SBS 2011 server. Advantage from this method is that your SBS 2011 server can end up with the same servername and ip address as the original server.

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, April 1, 2011 3:09 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 7:51 AM
  • Hi, do you have any futher question regarding this topic? If yes, please feel free to let us know, thanks.

Sean Zhu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:02 AM