none
IE 10 Automatically Detect Intranet GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 machines running IE10.  I am trying to navigate to a single word address, for example http://intranetsite.  The server hosting this is internal to the network.  When I go to Tools--Internet Options--Security--Local Intranet--Sites and click on "Automatically Detect Intranet Network" this configuration works fine.  The site is detected as a local intranet site and does not prompt for credentials. 

I am trying to deploy this configuration through Group Policy.  I go to User Configuration\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page and enable "Turn on automatic detection of internet".  Once this policy is applied to the client it grays out the box in internet options so it is being applied.  However, the client is not detecting the local intranet site and placing it in the correct security zone.

What is the difference between applying this setting manually in internet options vs through Group Policy? 

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Check what domains you or the user has mapped to other zones.... Your current configuration is allowing users to add/remove their own choices to the IE Security zones.

Use GPO to enforce security zone lists and to prevent users from adding/removing domains by disabling access to the Security Zone tab of Internet Options.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:41 AM