Personal changes to Work Items not saving for a couple of analysts - SCSM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two analysts in a team of eighty who have never been able to get any personal configuration changes to Work Item views to save. They can amend any of the settings (removing/adding columns, changing sort/group) but when they either re-open SCSM or select a different Work Item view their personal configuration changes reset back to default.

I've got them to use different PCs and have reset their Windows account profile so it does appear to be something within SCSM that's causing this.

The only setting I could initially see that was different to other analysts was under the 'Per-User Settings' section display when right clicking the Work Item and selecting Edit View (Advanced). Initially the two affected analysts didn't appear in this section for any of the Work Item views they had tried to re-configure whereas all the other analysts did appear there. I manually added their accounts to this section using the 'Add personal view settings for users from group' function but it hasn't made any difference.

The only other solution I can think of trying is to delete their accounts from SCSM completely but as they have a large number of incident requests assigned to them I really don't want to go down this route.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this behaviour?

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

are the two analyst assigned to the same User Roles as their colleagues?

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:12 PM
  • Hi Stefan,

Yes they have the same roles. I did try moving them into roles we use for some other teams in the hope that it might 'reset' something in their accounts but it made no difference.

Kinds regards,

Sean.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:06 PM