Unable to recover accidently deleted emails from deleted folder and to move all deleted emails today back to inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My hotmail just changed to outlook a few days ago and I am still trying to get used to the new format and lay out.

I accidently deleted all my inbox emails en-masse as there was a bad lag (bad internet on the island i live on) and instead of deleting 6 old emails from 2006, i ended up deleting everything in my inbox.

I have now tried to move all my deleted files from the deleted folder back to my inbox by selecting ALL FOLDERS box and automatically ticking all the boxes/emails in the deleted folder. There is no option to move emails/files to inbox with outlook.

Once i select "everything in the folder" and click on "Recover deleted files" it takes me to another window which then asks me to select individually each and every email and then to select 'purge' or 'recover'

There is no option for users to actually recover their files now or to move the deleted files back into their inbox at all. I have over 3500 emails in the deleted folder of which I assume at least 50%-60% are genuine work/family related emails that I need to recover.

I called microsoft support a short while ago and they also could not offer any solutions. I am stuck. I can't get my work done and I have pretty much lost all my emails and they are sitting in a folder which, I cannot recover them from.

I need help because I assume there is a flaw in the new outlook system which may have been over looked. Any solutions please???

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:23 AM

Answers