MOSS 2007 - Announcement web part view has changed following SP3 upgrade. RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently applied Service Pack 3 to both MOSS 2007 and WSS3 and have noticed that the view of the Announcements web part has changed across the whole site collection.

Pre upgrade the default view showed the Title, Modified date and Body text of the announcement. 

Post upgrade the Body text is no longer displayed even though it is checked as a column to display. I have tried to create a new public view to display the announcements in the desired format but they just dont look the same and obviously the changes are not site wide.

We are using XP and Windows 7 clients running both IE and Firefox.  Both display the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• I have resorted to restoring the AnnouncementList web part from a back up of the web front end server.

This appears to have resolved the issue. 

I'm not sure what changes have been made to it in SP3 or even if I'm missing out on some new features by not using the updated version.  It is working as we want it to for the moment, so no worries.

• Marked as answer by Gary Pluck Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:42 PM