Increase the time Lync users can call before it gets busy? RRS feed

• Question

• When our users call an PSTN number and there is no answer they get this message after 30 seconds "The server cannot forward the call. Please try again."
    The users think the time is to short and don't understand the error message. If possible we would like to increase the time to 90 seconds. How could we do this ? 

Antoher problem is that the log in Lync reporting server report an 503 in these cases "Gateway responded with 503 Service unavailable". Is it possible to not get this error ? If not i guess increasing the time limit would help.

I don't know if this challenge is Lync or PSTN gateway releated.

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:15 AM

Answers

• This is a timeout at PSTN in most cases. You can verify that using Logging tool. Gateway should send "Service unavailable" when it cannot connect to PSTN but not on such timeout. Which gateway are you using?
    Johann Deutinger | MCITP Lync 2010 | MCTS Exchange 2010, OCS | ucblog.deutinger.de | http://twitter.com/jwdberlin
    • Marked as answer by Kmm3 Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies

• This is a timeout at PSTN in most cases. You can verify that using Logging tool. Gateway should send "Service unavailable" when it cannot connect to PSTN but not on such timeout. Which gateway are you using?
    Johann Deutinger | MCITP Lync 2010 | MCTS Exchange 2010, OCS | ucblog.deutinger.de | http://twitter.com/jwdberlin
    • Marked as answer by Kmm3 Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:23 PM
  • I talked to our PSTN supplyer and they found a fault in their SBC. Thank you for guide me in the right direction. The problem is solved.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:49 AM
  • All,

I think I have a similar issue to the one listed above.

At present the Mediation servers can see the PSTN gateway after a service restart, so inbound and outbound calls work perfectly. However after a  period of time the gateways are marked as unavailable.

If I run a packet capture on the Mediation server I can see the Request: OPTION go to the SIP gateway. I then see the response Status: 200 OK come back to the Lync server. However the gateway is still marked unavailable after 3 attempts. This is displayed within the Lync Server event log under source LS Outbound Routing.

The SIP trunk is to a VoIP SBC switch - Genband RSM version 5.2.

The Request OPTION contains the following:-

FROM: <sip:wat-lnc-srvr1.vinciplc.net:5060;transport=Tcp;ms-opaque=6baf0fc846253eb6>;epid=EB343A3975;tag=40dd2e4e84

The Status 200 contains the following :-

From: <sip:wat-lnc-srvr1.vinciplc.net:5060;ms-opaque=6baf0fc846253eb6;ms-opaque=6baf0fc846253eb6>;tag=40dd2e4e84;epid=EB343A3975

I want to determine if there is some form of misconfiguration in the 200 response. I have tried to run the OCSLogger tool and monitor the MediationServer component however don not see anything logged. Is there another way to determine what is causing this?

Many thanks

Ben

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:38 AM