"All Programs" font is too small RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've tried to paste a couple images on this post but I was unable to. The issue is with Vista Enterprise.

The "All Programs" font (not the items itself, just the "All Programs" word) shows too small, same thing when I type into a textbox to search something in google for example, or even when I have more then 1 Internet Explorer opened and the task bar shows the windows grouped, the number of IEs opened shows too small.

I've got the font DPI set to "Default scale - 96 DPI - fit more information". I've checked menu Personalize / Window Color and Appearance / Open classic appearance properties... I've got ClearText set. I've also fiddled with the Advanced option, changing some items to a larger font, but I can't find the option to reset the "All Programs" font to a larger size.

Appreciate it if anyone knows how to revert this. Googled lots of pages to no avail so far...

Thanks! ST

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:51 AM

Answers

• Sergio

I don't think there is a way to change the font size for that one item only. All of the options for changing fonts and font sizes are global, such as the DPI settings or Resolution settings. If you change this option, everything reflects the change. 

The 'All Programs' label is set to be bold so that it is the most visible item in the lower section of the start menu.

As far as the Google text box, this size is determined by the size of the text box itself, which is set by the HTML code in that web page.

You can make the buttons in the Taskbar larger by setting the 'Caption Buttons' size larger in the classic advanced properties. Again, this is a global setting and other components will also change sizes.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:18 PM