MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview + Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Upgraded ADK and MDT to the preview builds for Windows 10 support...

Now I get to the login in WinPE to connect to deployment share and get a message regarding Network Share not found.

Any ideas where to start?

Dave

Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:21 AM

Answers

• Found a relevant post: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5d6fc31-5d13-4185-ba26-f5ac5956da5f/mdt-2013-u1-bad-credentials?forum=mdt

I'm experiencing this same issue...

The solution is in that post. ADK 10075 doesn't have NetBIOS enabled.  The easiest way to handle this is to change your bootstrap.ini to use the MDT server IP address instead whatever its name is.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by dmacneill_tru.ca Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:22 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:00 AM

All replies

• I'd start with something simple like drivers. Do you have the needed PE network drivers added?

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:55 AM
  • Looks like they are there. WinPE has connection, can ping in command.

Anything else? I made the changes suggested in that technet blog post.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:15 PM
  • Found a relevant post: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5d6fc31-5d13-4185-ba26-f5ac5956da5f/mdt-2013-u1-bad-credentials?forum=mdt

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:21 PM
  • Maybe someone on here has been testing it and can help you further.

This is preview software, things can break
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2015/03/28/mdt-updates-for-windows-10-technical-preview-build-10041.aspx

If you run into bugs, submit them on the connect site
    https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Found a relevant post: 

The solution is in that post. ADK 10075 doesn't have NetBIOS enabled.  The easiest way to handle this is to change your bootstrap.ini to use the MDT server IP address instead whatever its name is.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by dmacneill_tru.ca Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:22 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:00 AM
  • thank you

i will try this promptly

Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:51 AM
  • Also if you have SLShare or dynamic logging enabled you will need to set that to the IP address of the server too ie \\ipaddr\logs or something similar.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:01 PM
  • This solution worked thank you. On to the next set of preview troubles...
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:22 PM
  • I also found that MDT 2013 U1 is not liking
    TaskSequenceID, Default in the customsettings.ini

I had to follow this

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Different-settings-per-4faa55e9#content

Which I kinda like separating it out.. I'm sure you could even make a .ini for each task sequence if you're really into that sorta thing.

Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:25 AM
  • Create a second gather just after the first one during the initialize phase. The second one should be to Customsettings.ini and process all rules. I will post a screenshot later when I am not replying on my phone.

Monday, June 15, 2015 6:22 PM

• Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 15, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Why do that when you can just edit "Gather local only" that does the same thing?
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:09 AM
  • I don't recall the why.  The behavior changed between 2010u1 and 2012.  Both gathers are required to make it work though.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:27 PM
  • This actually doesn't work. I have tried it blank, I have tried it the way you have it, and I have tried it with the full path.

Has anyone figures out how to have TaskSequenceID sections in their customsettings.ini?

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Sorry to bump this thread...this is kind of a big deal.  Does anyone have a good solution to be able to use separate TaskSequenceIDs after updating to MDT 2013 Update 2?
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:55 AM
  • any movement on this?  would be nice to get this working.
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:03 PM
  • Hi, I had the same problem with 8343 and I found the solution : somes variables was not declared at all (Option Explicit).

Work perfectly with a CS.ini beginning with:

[Settings]
    Priority=DefaultGateway,TaskSequenceId,Default,Finish

my DeployWiz_SelectTS.vbs : changes lines 93,95 and 129-130 (likely the same as 2012)

' // ***************************************************************************
    ' //
    ' // Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
    ' //
    ' // Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Solution Accelerator
    ' //
    ' // File:      DeployWiz_Initialization.vbs
    ' //
    ' // Version:   6.3.8443.1000   MODIFIE TRISTAN POUR RELECTURE CS.INI    LIGNES 93-95 et 129-130
    ' //
    ' // Purpose:   Main Client Deployment Wizard Initialization routines
    ' //
    ' // ***************************************************************************

Option Explicit

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    '  Image List
    '

Dim g_AllOperatingSystems

Function AllOperatingSystems

Dim oOSes

If isempty(g_AllOperatingSystems) then

set oOSes = new ConfigFile
            oOSes.sFileType = "OperatingSystems"
            oOSes.bMustSucceed = false

set g_AllOperatingSystems = oOSes.FindAllItems

End if

set AllOperatingSystems = g_AllOperatingSystems

End function

Function InitializeTSList
        Dim oItem, sXPathOld

If oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID") <> "" and oProperties("TSGuid") = "" then

sXPathOld = oTaskSequences.xPathFilter
            for each oItem in oTaskSequences.oControlFile.SelectNodes( "/*/*[ID = '" & oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID")&"']")
                oLogging.CreateEntry "TSGuid changed via TaskSequenceID = " & oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID"), LogTypeInfo
                oEnvironment.Item("TSGuid") = oItem.Attributes.getNamedItem("guid").value
                exit for
            next

oTaskSequences.xPathFilter = sXPathOld

End if

TSListBox.InnerHTML = oTaskSequences.GetHTMLEx ( "Radio", "TSGuid" )

PopulateElements
        TSItemChange

End function

Function TSItemChange

Dim oInput
        ButtonNext.Disabled = TRUE

for each oInput in document.getElementsByName("TSGuid")
            If oInput.Checked then
                oLogging.CreateEntry "Found CHecked Item: " & oInput.Value, LogTypeVerbose

ButtonNext.Disabled = FALSE
                exit function
            End if
        next

End function

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    '  Validate task sequence List
    '

Function ValidateTSList

Dim oTS
        Dim sCmd, Oshell, oItem      '********** AJOUTE *************

Set Oshell = createObject("Wscript.shell")     '******* AJOUTE **************
        set oTS = new ConfigFile
        oTS.sFileType = "TaskSequences"

SaveAllDataElements

If Property("TSGuid") = "" then
            oLogging.CreateEntry "No valid TSGuid found in the environment.", LogTypeWarning
            ValidateTSList = false
        End if

oLogging.CreateEntry "TSGuid Found: " & Property("TSGuid"), LogTypeVerbose

If oTS.FindAllItems.Exists(Property("TSGuid")) then
            oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID") = oUtility.SelectSingleNodeString(oTS.FindAllItems.Item(Property("TSGuid")),"./ID")
        End if

' Set the related properties

oUtility.SetTaskSequenceProperties oEnvironment.Item("TaskSequenceID")

If oEnvironment.Item("OSGUID") <> "" and oEnvironment.Item("ImageProcessor") = "" then
            ' There was an OSGUID defined within the TS.xml file, however the GUID was not found
            ' within the OperatingSystems.xml file. Which is a dependency error. Block the wizard.
            ValidateTSList = False
            ButtonNext.Disabled = True
            Bad_OSGUID.style.display = "inline"
        Else
            ValidateTSList = True
            ButtonNext.Disabled = False
            Bad_OSGUID.style.display = "none"
        End if

sCmd = "wscript.exe """ & oUtility.ScriptDir & "\ZTIGather.wsf"""    '******* AJOUTE **************
        oItem = oSHell.Run(sCmd, , true)    '******* AJOUTE **************

End Function
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 4:32 PM