none
Cost Rate Table Values being Overwritten Upon Project Check-In RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having an issue with assigning multiple rates to the same resource in the Cost Rates table. I publish my progress and check the project back in, upon checking the project back out in Project Professional 2013,  the values I have added for B and C in the Cost Rates table are gone. Is there a way to prevent these values from being removed upon check-in through the PWA? I have numerous resources that need to be assigned 2 to 4 different rates based on task assignment and/or client. I have not been able to find a solution within Project Online, any ideas or work-arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
    Jordan

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:07 PM

Answers

• Jordan --

Only the Project Online administrator can change the values in the Cost Rate Tables for the resources in your Enterprise Resource Pool. In fact, he/she would need to open the Enterprise Resource Pool for editing in Microsoft Project Professional, and then edit the values in the Cost Rate Tables. I would recommend you meet with your administrator and provide guidance on what you need for your resources. This is the only way it can happen. As a PM, you cannot change the Cost Rate Table information for enterprise resources in your projects. Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Jordan J23 Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:58 PM

All replies

• Jordan --

Only the Project Online administrator can change the values in the Cost Rate Tables for the resources in your Enterprise Resource Pool. In fact, he/she would need to open the Enterprise Resource Pool for editing in Microsoft Project Professional, and then edit the values in the Cost Rate Tables. I would recommend you meet with your administrator and provide guidance on what you need for your resources. This is the only way it can happen. As a PM, you cannot change the Cost Rate Table information for enterprise resources in your projects. Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Jordan J23 Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:58 PM
  • Hi, i'm trying to do the same thing. I'm actually the admin and when i click on the enterprise resource pool it just opens up the resource table in PWA.. I do see costs there but not a table that can be changed for variable rates... or am i just missing something?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 11:14 PM
  • celebrindal --

Double-click the name of any resource and then click the Costs tab in the Resource Information dialog to display the Costs page for the resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 3, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Yes, that only seems to bring up a single field for the costs for the resource, not a table. We need to be able to charge different rates for clients for the same resource.. So Resource A on one project might be x and the same resource on another project y cost... Inserted a snip.. we are talking the same thing yes?

Thanks for your quick response.

Friday, February 3, 2017 5:36 PM
  • celebrindal --

No, we are not talking about the same thing.  You need to open the selected resources from your Enterprise Resource Pool in Microsoft Project Professional.  You are showing a screenshot from PWA, which is NOT where you can add alternate Cost rates on Cost Rate Tables B-E.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:13 PM
  • Ok, that's what I had read in the above posts.. when i go to open the Pool in MPP it automatically jumps me to the resource page in PWA..

Also I thought i read something about PWA overriding rates etc in the MPP files when it refreshes/publishes it.. and I am the admin so I can make the changes...

Thanks.

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:30 PM