Approval Workflow Proces in SharePoint Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to modify the fields in the form when a user needs to approve or reject a task for example, I want to change Due Date to a different field name?  Also, does anyone know how a user can only see their task and not anyone elses?

For example, there are two task lists. One list displays the tasks assigned.  The other displays users tasks.  Question is if I was to email multiple people their tasks, how can I send it to where one user only sees his or her tasks in their task list but not other people that the task was sent to.

Mary (manager) sends task to Sherry and Sue. List one shows the task assignment to Sherry and Sue.  Sherry receives an email goes to her task list and now she only sees her task not Sues.

parkc4

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The "Due Date" is a default site column definition residing at site collection level. Furthermore, the Due Date column is binded to the Task content type.
    Please bear in mind the impact of renaming the site column from Due Date to your desired value.

Alternatively, you can leave the default values intact, and create a new site column and bind to the task content type (locally).

On the task lists, you can use just the one list and use item-level permissions to achive your objective.

Hope this helps.

Chirag Patel, MCTS
    Chartered IT Professional
    Blog: techChirag.com
    Twitter: @techChirag

Monday, April 9, 2012 9:04 PM
  • That's what I thought too but when I go to the Tasks list settings, I don't see the columns I see when I'm trying to complete a task.  I'm using the Approval Workflow, I forgot to mention that.  I add a task in one list and it shows in another task list however when I go to approve the task, the screen is different than the Tasks list settings and I do not know where that setting is.  Please advise.  As far as setting permissions for only the user logged in to see their task in the second task list, can someone point me to the right direction?

parkc4

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:37 PM