none
quick script output question RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PS Script to generate mailbox statistics.  Right now, the script uses command Write-Output $obj at the end for output which displaying on the screen.  I need an output as csv file.  Without modifying the output command is there an easy way that I can make the output into a csv file?  

Thanks,

Sunday, May 12, 2019 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can add the export command at the last of your script:

Export-csv C:\output.csv -NoTypeInformation

For example, we used the following command to export some mailbox statistics:

Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails usermailbox | select DisplayName,PrimarySmtpAddress,@{label="TotalItemSize";expression={(Get-MailboxStatistics $_.Name).TotalItemSize}} | Sort-Object DisplayName | export-csv C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\mailboxsize.csv -NoTypeInformation

Here are the test results:

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can add the export command at the last of your script:

Export-csv C:\output.csv -NoTypeInformation

For example, we used the following command to export some mailbox statistics:

Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails usermailbox | select DisplayName,PrimarySmtpAddress,@{label="TotalItemSize";expression={(Get-MailboxStatistics $_.Name).TotalItemSize}} | Sort-Object DisplayName | export-csv C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\mailboxsize.csv -NoTypeInformation

Here are the test results:

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Hi Lydia,

Thanks for looking into my question.  In my case the Write-Output command is in the script.  I do need the command in the script so I can view the output first.  To redirect the output to a csv file, instead of changing the command I use the following command:

.\Get-MailboxStats.ps1 | Export-Csv C:\temp\MailboxStats.csv -NoTypeInformation

It worked fine.

Your command is also good.  I have saved a copy.

Thanks.

Friday, May 17, 2019 4:32 AM