none
sqlservr.exe fully utilized DPM backup getting slow and slow RRS feed

• Question

• I notice the sqlserver.exe is commit almost all the RAM and it never return back to normal after backup finished. Now the backup getting slow and slow unless we restart the server.

Anybody have similarity issue?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Oneoa

What version of SQL Server are you running? The process SQLServer.exe normally takes as much ram that is available on the server. I have seldom seen it release memory back into the OS. On my system i throttle SQL because of this issue. Just my thoughts.

Kind Regards

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

You could fix amount of memory used by SQLserver.exe :

- Open SQL server Manager Studio with administratives right

- Right-click on your target instance, then Properties

- Select Memory, then set Min and Max memory

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:44 PM
  • I did that, it still breached what I did set it.

Maybe I'm wrong not paying attention on this but, I just  notice this after several windows update in past weeks.

• Edited by Oneoa Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:00 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:59 AM
  • Hi Onea,

In your screenshot, "Max server memory" of your instance is set to 1073741822 MB (=1  To).

You should decrease this value according to your needs.

You may have to restart your SQL server service.

Stephane 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:57 AM