Unable to access a mailbox from a mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

We have one user who is unable to his access his mailbox from his mobile device.We have tried to configure his email on another mobile but was not able to connect through other mobile devices as will. we have checked his EAS is enabled. but one thing which i have noticed is that when i go to his mobile devices -->view details---> and it show me the below error.

I have also allow it's access but after saving when i again open it it again shows access denies.Only this one user has the issue in the whole organisation. Kindly help if anyone know about it's solution.

Thank you!

Monday, July 24, 2017 9:06 AM

All replies

• If the user is an administrator, i.e., if he belongs to certain privileged groups like Domain Admins or Organization Management, then make sure that permissions inheritance is enabled for the user and try again.

Longer term, consider following security best practice and assign a separate non-mailbox-enabled for administrative tasks and remove the regular account from administrative groups.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Hi,

To troubleshooting your issue, please run below command to check:
    1. Ensure ActiveSync feature is enabled, also check the allow and block device list:
    Get-CASMailbox | FL CASEnable,AllowDeviceID,BlockDeviceID,ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy
    2. Check the ActiveSync Device and its status of problematic mailbox:
    Get-ActiveSyncDevice <Mailbox>
    Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics <Mailbox>

If ActiveSync feature is disabled, please enable it and ensure current device ID not list in BlockDeviceID list.

If this issue remain exists, check the IIS log (C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1) to find more information.

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:24 AM