Microsoft Office Professional Plus Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have had a request to install Microsoft Office Professional Plus with just the Microsoft Access feature enabled.

The Scenerio:

Microsoft Office 2010 Standard is already installed on the machines, a request for MS Access only has been received by the service desk.

Method 1:

I have used the setup.exe /admin command, created a custom.msp and saved to the updates folder. The deployment works although when in Outlook and selecting the search unread email box, a Microsoft Professional Plus configuration box appears and in the eventvwr a configuration success event is logged. This happens on every search occurrence.

Method 2:

I have also attempted the setup using a custom .XML but it seems to install all of the Professional Plus suite, rather than just Microsoft Access.

Can anyone help with either method, would be much appreciated?

Thanks

MCTS | MCITP | MCSA

Friday, June 21, 2013 10:13 AM

Answers

• Go to control panel->program & features->Microsoft office 2010->right click->change->add & remove feature->wherein you can enable access & disable all other application & vice a versa
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:11 AM

All replies

• Go to control panel->program & features->Microsoft office 2010->right click->change->add & remove feature->wherein you can enable access & disable all other application & vice a versa
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:11 AM
  • Hi - thanks for your reply! Although I would like to automate this via the deployment mechanism!

Regards,

MCTS | MCITP | MCSA

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:24 AM