none
Apply transport rule by time o'clock

Question

• Hi all,

In France, in 2017 the law will force us to set up the "Right to disconnection" for all the collaborators..

We have several options for restricting or advising a user when he send an email outside its work hours.

In our case, we will begin by theh advising way : so I wish to automate sending an email to a collaborator who sends himself an email in a time period, for example between 08H00 PM and 07H00 AM.

If needed, I wish emails are put in queue if they are sent for example between 08H00 PM and 07H00 AM, and to start to release them from 07H00 AM.

It seems that Exchange 2013 CU9 transport rules does not allow us to do that.

Would you have any idea about that please ?

Thank you.

Regards,

FXE

Monday, December 12, 2016 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

In France, in 2017 the law will force us to set up the "Right to disconnection" for all the collaborators..

We have several options for restricting or advising a user when he send an email outside its work hours.

In our case, we will begin by theh advising way : so I wish to automate sending an email to a collaborator who sends himself an email in a time period, for example between 08H00 PM and 07H00 AM.

If needed, I wish emails are put in queue if they are sent for example between 08H00 PM and 07H00 AM, and to start to release them from 07H00 AM.

Thank you.

Regards,

FXE

Create a scheduled powershell task that enables and disables a transport rule or  the transport service or the send connectors etc..  . You can search the internet for examples.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJFModerator Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by FXE Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:12 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

Thank you.

Regards,

FXE

Create a scheduled powershell task that enables and disables a transport rule or  the transport service or the send connectors etc..  . You can search the internet for examples.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJFModerator Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by FXE Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:12 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:13 PM
  • Hi FXE,

For your first question, we can schedule a task to enable a rule, then send a notification to send if he send message outside working hours.

For your second question, Exchange server will auto deliver message once it reach into mail queue. If you want to delay all message and release it in next working hours, you can schedule Exchange server into Maintenance mode, especial HubTransport server component.

However, we don't need to restrict the mail flow outside working hours in my opinion, the message will all be recorded in Exchange server by Recoverable Items folder, In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Hi Andy and thank you for your answer.

I'll explore the way about PS scipt + scheduled tasks.

It's regretable that there is no built-in functions to do that.

Have a good day.

FXE

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:12 AM
  • Hi Allen and thank you for your answer.

As I answered to Andy, I wiil focus on the PS scripts + scheduled tasks.

For my second question, I don't want to block all email flow. In fact, some users as us, IT team, have to be able to send email whenever needed. So Exchange Server Maintenance mode or Transport service deactivation seems to not be the good answer for us.

Have a good day.

FXE

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Great, the Maintenance mode is not my first choice as I mentioned above.
    If you worry about law, the message will be recorded in Exchange server, you can check the article in my first reply.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Allen,

In France, the law "Right to disconnection" does not aim to prove users sent emails outside work hour, it aims to advise users they should send emails on working hours or to prevent them to send emails outside working hours.

Regards,

FXE

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:57 AM
  • Hi FXE,

Thanks for your interpretation.
    Anyway, glad that you have found the solution for your question.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:01 AM