none
Check Disk event log ID RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to find the event ID in event viewer for check disk and I'm not having any luck. I'm trying to set up an automated check disk for servers and have it report the log/results to N-able for monitoring purposes. I've done some research and found that everyone says that it is 1001 with the winnit as the source but I've ran it multiple times on different machines and I still can't find it. Also I've tried looking for C:\bootex.log and I can't find that either. Is there anywhere else that I can look? Or am I just doing something else wrong without realizing it?
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hello GamerMike589,
    check disk log is created when Windows runs CHKDSK command at boot; otherwise you can generate log by piping output to text file (e.g. chkdsk c: > chkdsk.log)
    That said, are you sure it isn't on Event Viewer ? I suggest to read this article Where to find CHKDSK results in Vista, Windows 7 (Kevin's Blog): it explains how to search for the event from PowerShell Cmdlet:

Get-WinEvent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.Providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Help and click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Edited by Luca Fabbri Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:05 AM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 11:02 PM