Java components and UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have one annoying issue on the UAG - at least for one or two installations.

When I try to login with Firefox (and atleast W7), I get the page that tells that you need to have at least JRE 1.6 etc to continue to the portal.

I DO HAVE a correct version of Java (latest already installed) - at least if I check this from Java Console that is started at the same time when I do browse to UAG site.

When I click to download link and go to the Java download page, it informs that I do have Jave up-to-date. On next logon attempt to UAG site, I do not get this error message and I am redirected directly to the logon page.

Anybody faced same issue so far?

Thanks in advance :)

BR, TommiK

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Tommi,

There have been quite a few minor updates to JRE recently, and I imagine it might be related to this. If I understand correctly, you can solve this by going to the Java download site on each computer, and then the problem for that client is resolved. If that's the case, perhaps a push installation of the latest JVM to all clients is the best solution.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Tommi,

There have been quite a few minor updates to JRE recently, and I imagine it might be related to this. If I understand correctly, you can solve this by going to the Java download site on each computer, and then the problem for that client is resolved. If that's the case, perhaps a push installation of the latest JVM to all clients is the best solution.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:11 AM
  • I ran across this in an installation recently, go into the Java Preferences utility and change the java process to "Run in its own Process" instead of the default "Run in the Browser Process"

Hope this helps, Erik

Erik
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:46 PM